PCDeli is a trading name of Twilight Zone Engineering Limited.
Vendor = original manufacturer, developer or producer of goods
Supplier = official UK supplier/distributor/provider of goods
Twilight Zone Engineering Online Store Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
Delivery / Shipping
Electronic Software Download (ESD)
Special Order Items
Pricing, Availability and Stock Information
Discounts and Promotional Prices
Your Right To Cancel / Distance Selling Law
General Returns Recommendations
Newsletters & Mailing Lists
Polls and Surveys
Email A Friend
TWILIGHT ZONE ENGINEERING was established in January 1992 with the sole purpose of giving all of our clients the best Focused Support Services regardless of their business arenas.
Based in Watford, Hertfordshire (junction 21, M25), just 15 miles north of London's West End, we provide many companies with support either through specific maintenance contracts or under standard consultancy terms. In addition to our support services, we also operate a computer sales and repair showroom where your can try and buy products from Apple and many others, as well as have us repair them for you.
Each of our engineers and sales staff have achieved manufacturer certification for Apple and many others. As such they are guaranteed to bring a level of knowledge and quality to bring a satisfactory conclusion to any task set.
Twilight Zone Engineering are now operating the AllMacShop, PCDeli and AllDeli websites after purchasing these from the previous owners in January 2010.
General Terms and Conditions
By registering your personal details with this web site you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions help to keep this website a safe place to trade and set out the agreement reached between you and Twilight Zone Engineering Limited. None of the below affect your statutory rights as a consumer. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
Upon using the checkout facility you agree that the details you provide to Twilight Zone Engineering Limited for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
All goods remain the property of Twilight Zone Engineering Limited until paid for in full.
No orders are accepted until they have been successfully processed. Orders placed before 2:00pm (14:00) UK time on a weekday will usually be processed that day subject to confirmation. Orders placed after this time will usually be processed on the next working day subject to confirmation.
Twilight Zone Engineering Limited reserves the right to cancel your order or part thereof (with a refund within a maximum of 30 days) if our suppliers are unable to supply the product you require.
Should we be unable to supply a product due to the inability of our suppliers to provide the product we are under no obligation to do anything other than remove the product from our site and refund your payment in full.
If the actual vendor's product becomes discontinued or is unavailable within 30 days of your order, Twilight Zone Engineering Limited reserves the right to substitute part or all of your order with a similar, more expensive and/or newer version of the product (at no extra cost to you) even from a different vendor. When a product is substituted your normal seven working days right to return the unopened/unused product under the UK Distance Selling Regulations are not affected and Twilight Zone Engineering Limited will pay the cost of returning such substituted goods safely at our recommendation of shipping service.
Goods may only be returned to us by first obtaining a Returns Authorisation Number through our Returns procedure.
All contracts and terms and conditions will be made in the English language only.
Twilight Zone Engineering Limited shall have no liability for the acts or omissions (including negligence) of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment. www.pcdeli.co.uk/PCDeli will be provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Twilight Zone Engineering Limited cannot guarantee that www.pcdeli.co.uk will be provided fault free and we do not undertake or warrant that PCDeli will be free from defects.
Twilight Zone Engineering Limited may temporarily suspend www.pcdeli.co.uk either partially or completely for any reason. We will restore www.pcdeli.co.uk as soon as reasonably practicable after a suspension. We will not be liable to you for any loss which you may incur as a result of any such suspension.
If Twilight Zone Engineering Limited is unable to provide www.pcdeli.co.uk for reasons beyond our control such as technical failure, lightning, flood, or exceptionally severe weather, fire or explosion, civil disorder, war, or military operations, natural or local emergency, anything done by government or other competent authority or industrial disputes of any kind (whether or not involving our employees), Twilight Zone Engineering Limited will not be liable.
Twilight Zone Engineering Limited may vary these terms and conditions from time to time by posting revised terms and conditions on the web site. Your continued use of the Site following Twilight Zone Engineering Limited's posting of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to the changes of these terms and conditions then you must stop using this web site immediately other than to request your account be closed via customer services.
Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you may not copy, reproduce, redistribute, download, republish, transmit, display, adapt, alter, create derivative works from or otherwise extract or re-utilise any of the contents of this site. In particular, you may not cache any of the contents for access by third parties nor mirror any content.
Where we link to other web sites not operated by Twilight Zone Engineering Limited it does not imply any endorsement of the material contained on the sites or of the owners.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of these web pages from time to time are owned or controlled for these purposes by Twilight Zone Engineering Limited.
All trade marks, names, and logos are the proprietary marks of us or of our associated companies. Marks identifying third parties are owned or licensed by those third parties or their associated companies. Nothing in these terms and conditions in any way confers on you any licence or right under any trade marks, names or logos. iPod, eMac, iMac, iBook, Power Mac, Power Macintosh, Mac and PowerBook are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
These Terms and Conditions together with all sub-texts below and your order confirmation constitute the Contract.
The order process on PCDeli is defined in stages below:
(Shopping) Cart = this is your (potential) order before you enter any payment details and "checkout".
Pending = you have entered your payment details at checkout but the payment authorisation process was unable to complete for some reason (e.g. the online internet payment gateway was unavailable). You do not need to do anything at this stage as your order will automatically update at the next available opportunity.
Request - Twilight Zone Engineering Limited will check and confirm your order before processing.
At any stage up to and including "Request" you can simply cancel your order by going to the order status page, clicking "Cancel Order" and then entering a reason for cancellation.
Processed - Your required goods are ordered from our suppliers and your credit card is charged. Parts of your order but not all may have shipped.
If you attempt to cancel your order at the "Processed" stage there is the possibility that your card has been charged and (some or all of the goods) shipped. If this is the case and you want to cancel your order you should see our Returns policy.
At the "Request" OR "Processed" stage your order or part thereof can be "cancelled" (and will show this status) by us or our suppliers due to a variety of reasons including but not limited to; a product is discontinued, a product description is wrong, a product is no longer available, there is a typographical error in the price or simply that the price is wrong or has changed. If your credit card has not been charged your order will simply be cancelled. If your credit card has been charged it will be refunded (within a maximum of 30 days). If a payment authorisation has been obtained for your credit card it will be reversed.
Shipped - your entire order has shipped.
Refunded - your credit card was originally charged but your entire order was cancelled and your payment has been refunded.
Once your order is at the Processed stage, we aim to update the status of each individual item ordered within one working day but it will usually be within a couple of hours. Each individual item will be given a status from the following list:
Shipped = The item is being shipped from our suppliers (the shipping information will be updated with which courier is being used to ship your product(s) and the relevant reference/tracking number as soon as possible).
Backordered (with a possible shipping date) = the item is not currently available or is out of stock with our supplier. You will be notified as soon as it is in stock or it becomes available again.
Cancelled = The item has been cancelled from your order. If your card has been charged for this item your payment will be refunded within a maximum of 30 days for the cost of the cancelled item(s).
Refunded = The item has been cancelled from your order and your payment has been refunded for the cost of the cancelled item(s).
Payment methods currently accepted on PCDeli:
VISA Credit Card
Mastercard SecureCode and Verified By Visa = We are a "recommended" and approved Mastercard SecureCode and Verified By Visa online reseller.
Known collectively as '3D Secure', these payment verification systems are being introduced by card issuers and will eventually become mandatory. At present all UK Maestro cards are subject to Mastercard SecureCode verification, other types of cards are dependent on the card issuer's policy. During the payment process on our site you may be asked to verify your card payment with your bank. This part of the process takes place on either MasterCard or Visa's servers and we have no control over that part of the transaction. If you are having problems with that stage in the transaction process, please contact your card issuer for further support. If you have a card which does not require 3D Secure authentication, you are welcome to use an alternative payment method.
Unless a transaction has been '3D Secured' we are unable to accept credit cards issued by non-UK banks and registered to non-UK addresses for fraud prevention reasons.
Payment Methods NOT Currently Accepted:
Payments are subject to offline checks before being accepted such as pricing errors and mismatched shipping details. Credit card payments are processed through Sage Pay (formerly known as ProTX) and are subject to their rules and conditions. You must be 100% authorised to make the payment using your credit card. Please be aware that we may require further identity verification for users of free email address services such as hotmail.com. This may delay the processing of your order.
If your payment is declined it could be for a variety of reasons. For security purposes we will not specify exactly what the problem is (and in most cases we are not told exactly what is wrong). However, any of the following could be wrong:
The credit card number
The cardholder's name does not match the one on the card
The start or expiry date
The security/CV2 code
The issue number
The billing address does not match the cardholder's address
The delivery address does not match the cardholder's address
The card is registered to an address outside of the UK
In addition in the case where cards are "declined"
The card may have been stopped
The card may have no credit available on it
If your card is "declined" please check with your card issuer/bank FIRST before proceeding to try and use the card again. Alternatively cancel your current order and reorder using a different card.
We currently offer free delivery on all orders where the product value is £0.01 (including VAT) or higher. This offer is subject to change without notice, and the carriage charge that is applied to your order will be that displayed in your cart at the time you place your order (usually just £7.14 including VAT, £5.95 ex VAT).
You can choose to have your order shipped to an alternative address, providing that address is a company address. Acceptance of orders where the delivery address is different to the cardholder's address is at our discretion and we may ask for proof of identification/the address if necessary to verify any address given to us by you.
We do not offer a mechanism for specifying part delivery of an order at this time. Should our supplier choose to part ship your order (at no extra cost to you) then this is at the discretion of the supplier.
We use a network of nationwide couriers who will endeavour to deliver "in stock" goods within 1-5 working days depending on the product purchased (most, but not all, in stock items should be delivered on the next working day for orders placed before 14:00), although this cannot be guaranteed. Orders are generally shipped and delivered on working days only. Any products which we are unable to ship for next day delivery are clearly marked on list and detail views/pages as well as in your shopping cart.
We only deliver goods at the standard cost and timings as listed here to the "United Kingdom mainland". Outside of the "United Kingdom mainland" is defined as any island, Northern Ireland (BT), Isle of Man (IM), Scilly Isles (TR21), Western Scottish Isles (HS), Orkney Isles (KW), Shetland Isles (ZE) and any other location whose postcode begins with KW, IV, PA and PH.
We are able to ship some but not all products to the Channel Islands. Please call us if you would like to place an order for delivery to Jersey or Guernsey.
We reserve the right to charge extra for shipping/delivery and/or add additional delivery time to orders placed from outside of the "United Kingdom mainland" (defined above). This will be done on an order by order basis. Depending on goods ordered, availability, the supplier and/or courier charges an order may be delayed, declined or cost extra.
Our system makes a best-guess estimate at the delivery cost and approximate delivery timing for your order which will be checked before we charge your card. Should there be any additional cost we will contact you to get your approval. If the cost is lower we will alter the delivery charge for you but will not trouble you for confirmation.
Unfortunately, currently, we are unable to ship to BFPO addresses.
In some cases parts of your order may ship from different suppliers. This will be noted in the "my orders" section of your "account".
Shipped packages will usually have a reference/tracking identification number assigned to them. This information is available in the "my orders" section of your "account".
A signature will be required upon delivery. If there is no one at home to sign for the delivery a card will be left with the courier's contact information on it for you to arrange a suitable day for re-delivery. If they are not contacted immediately they may try to deliver the next day and will only try to deliver a maximum of two times. The delivery company operates this process and Twilight Zone Engineering Limited cannot be held liable in the event that the courier fails to follow this procedure.
Twilight Zone Engineering Limited shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
If goods arrive damaged you must either refuse delivery (clearly stating the goods are to be returned to sender) or clearly note the damage on the carrier's delivery paperwork at the time of signing for the goods. You will then have seven working days to contact us using a durable medium (email, letter or fax) to notify us of the situation.
Any delivery that is refused for any other reason than the goods having been damaged in transit or returned to our suppliers due to your failure to arrange redelivery or pick up the goods from their depot may result in a maximum £30 administration fee levied against your refund.
In the event that your shipment fails to arrive when expected, we will need to go through the delivery company's procedures for declaring the shipment lost. Most courier companies declare a shipment lost within 2-3 working days whereas Royal Mail operate on a basis of 15 days. As these procedures vary between companies in terms of the timeframe before a shipment is considered lost we ask that you bear with us as we resolve the matter in the unfortunate event that this happens.
Deliveries could be made between 08:00 and 18:00 on a working day. We do not guarantee delivery for a precise date or time. We therefore cannot be held liable for any loss or inconvenience experienced as a result of a delayed delivery or of non-delivery.
Electronic Software Download (ESD)
Some products are available as download (ESD) versions. Instead of receiving a boxed copy of the software you will be sent a unique internet link (URL) to download your software and/or it will be emailed to you. You will be sent your serial number or activation code via email after your order has been successfully processed. This will usually be within 4-8 business hours/by the end of that business day but might be longer for certain products especially those that require a previous serial number. Buying software this way means that you can save on delivery charges if all the items on your order are download (ESD) versions.
Points to note:
- Make sure the email address you use when you order is correct and working.
- If you or your Internet Service Provider (ISP) have anti-virus filters on your email software/server it may "quarantine" or "delete" your software installer if it is sent as an attachment to an email - please check your quarantine filter/the anti-virus logs first before contacting us that you haven't received your software.
- If you or your Internet Service Provider (ISP) have junk mail/spam filters on your email software/server it may "quarantine" or "delete" your software installer if it is sent as an attachment to an email - please check your quarantine filter/the anti-virus logs first before contacting us that you haven't received your software.
- You are responsible for making a backup of the software installer(s) that you are sent in line with the rights listed in the End User Licence Agreement (EULA) for that software. We recommend where possible to backup the software installer(s) to optical media such as CD-R or DVD-R.
- If you need to download the software again you must contact "email@example.com" with your order number. Please note there may be a charge for this service.
- Due to the nature of ESD products they cannot be returned under the Distance Selling Regulations.
Special Order Items
Orders for Special Order Items require the Customer’s acceptance of additional terms including prepayment of the order and will be non-cancellable.
Any dates quoted or scheduled for the delivery of Special Order Items are approximate only and Twilight Zone Engineering Ltd shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Products howsoever caused.
Although Twilight Zone Engineering Limited endeavours to ensure the accuracy of all information or images on this web site, neither Twilight Zone Engineering Limited nor any directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of this site.
As vendors reserve the right to change specifications without notice, we also reserve this right.
All trademarks are acknowledged as belonging to their respective holders.
Pricing, Availability and Stock Information
All product prices quoted are in UK Pounds Sterling and exclusive/inclusive VAT prices are clearly differentiated. As vendors and suppliers reserve the right to change prices without notice, we also reserve this right.
Pricing and availability information is subject to change without notice. In the event that the price is incorrectly listed due to typographical error, or due to a typographical error from our suppliers, we reserve the right to refuse, cancel or refund any orders.
Stock figures are provided automatically to us by our official suppliers and should be updated at least once every 24 hours. Sometimes problems (such as errors and/or delays) can occur with this data and this can affect the accuracy of the stock figures listed on our web site - where possible we try to maintain the accuracy of our stock figures as much as possible. In the event that the stock information is incorrectly listed due to an error by our suppliers or that our supplier sells all remaining stock before our next, automated stock update, we reserve the right to refuse, cancel or refund any orders.
VAT (Value Added Tax)
For all UK customers â€š VAT will be charged unless you are VAT exempt and if so you must provide your exemption documentation to us, prior to or at the time of placing your order. UK is defined as England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland. It also includes the Isle of Man. It does not include the Channel Islands.
For European Community (EC) customers (domestic â€š i.e. end users not businesses)â€š UK VAT will be charged.
For EC business customersâ€š VAT will not be charged as long as you provide to us, prior to or at the time of placing your order your local VAT number. This will then be verified.
EC VAT chargeable areas are defined as:
3. Cyprus (Greek part)
4. Czech Republic
5. Denmark (not Faroe Islands or Greenland)
8. France (including Monaco)
9. Germany (not Busingen or Isle of Heligoland)
12. Republic of Ireland
13. Italy (not the communes of Livigno, Campione dâ€š'Italia or the Italian waters of Lake Lugano)
18. The Netherlands
20. Portugal (including the Azores and Medeira)
22. Spain (including the Balearic Islands but NOT Ceuta or Melilla)
25. UK inc IOM
EC non-VATable areas are:
1. The Aland Islands
3. The Canary islands
4. The Channel Islands
5. The French overseas departments of Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion, St. Pierre and Miquelon, and French Guiana
7. Mount Athos
8. San Marino
9. The Vatican City
Everywhere else is considered outside of the EC and therefore "export" and so will not be liable to VAT.
In all instances where VAT is not charged, evidence of export e.g. proof of delivery will be recorded and filed by Twilight Zone Engineering Limited.
Discounts and Promotional Prices
Any discount or promotional price may have its own separate terms and conditions. These will be available on the web site (usually by clicking on a web link relating to the discount or promotional price) or by requesting them from customer services either by email, letter or fax.
Educational discounts are legally dependant on required "acceptable" documentation/proof of education status. Guidelines for "acceptable" documentation/proof are usually listed on the individual product's description page but if not listed for any reason can be obtained prior to purchase by emailing us at "firstname.lastname@example.org" quoting the product's "quickcode". Failure by you to provide this required documentation/proof of education status will result in your order being cancelled and where necessary your card being refunded. Our contract with you to supply the goods is not complete until you have provided the required documentation/proof of education status AND it has been "accepted" by our supplier and/or the vendor of the goods, regardless of the fact that your card may have been charged.
In the event of a refund on any item which is reduced in price as part of a co-buy promotion, the refund amount will be less the value of the co-buy discount.
If you return any discounted or promotional product you will be refunded at the discounted or promotional price.
We believe our prices are very competitive and coupled with our ability to ship to you for the next day (for most in stock items ordered before 2:00pm (14:00) UK time), directly from the UK distributor's central warehouses and offering a full UK warranty and support (unlike some companies offering lower prices) means you always get a fair deal from us. If you feel our price on a particular product is not in line with that charged elsewhere, we would be happy to hear from you.
All products supplied are covered by the terms and conditions of the original vendor's warranty. The warranty does not apply to defects resulting from improper or inadequate installation, use or maintenance; actions or modifications by unauthorised third parties or the customer; or accidental or wilful damage. Twilight Zone Engineering Limited accepts no liability for vendors' terms and conditions, warranties, or imposed conditions that a vendor may request with a given warranty.
Unless otherwise specifically stated for a particular product all products are sold with a one year limited, Return To Base warranty. Depending on the product and the reason for the return "Return To Base" will mean either a Twilight Zone Engineering Limited returns address or a return directly to the vendor. Unless otherwise specified (by law) the cost of returning the items whether it be for a (part) refund, repair or replacement is the customer's responsibility and not Twilight Zone Engineering Limited, our suppliers or the vendor.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or any amendment thereof, Consumer Protection (Distance Selling Regulations 2000).
Failure by Twilight Zone Engineering Limited to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the conditions shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time to enforce all of them.
Your Right To Cancel / Distance Selling Regulations
During the first seven working days after delivery you have a cooling off period during which you may cancel the contract with Twilight Zone Engineering Limited and return the goods. This gives you the opportunity to view the goods to the same extent you would if you were purchasing them face to face in a shop that is by viewing the box/packaging and possibly its contents. If there are no seals or cellophane on the (outer) packaging you may open the box and inspect the contents but we recommend that no individual seals on any contents inside should be broken and that you should not use the product (please see the exception notes below specifically pertaining to software). If you install and/or register any software and/or hardware you do not have the right to cancel the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations. Pursuant to Section 17.2 and 17.3 of the DSR law, you must "take reasonable care" of the goods so if you "use" or open the product i.e. Open it by breaking ANY seal, connect it up, install it, try it out, test it or use it then you may not have the right to cancel the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations.
Pursuant to Section 11.2 of the law you must inform Twilight Zone Engineering Limited of your intention in writing or other durable medium (e.g. by letter, fax, email to customer services or by completing our online returns request form - but NOT by telephone) within seven working days from the day after you receive the goods.
If you exercise your right to cancel the contract, the goods should be returned in their original packaging and in their original condition. During the time between delivery and returning the goods you are obliged to take reasonable care of the goods. The cost of returning the goods will not be paid by Twilight Zone Engineering Limited - you must pay the cost. If the goods are returned damaged, reasonable care is not taken of the goods, at our expense or are simply not returned, Twilight Zone Engineering Limited, under UK law, has the right to charge you with the direct costs of recovery.
Exceptions to your right to cancel the contract. You will not have the right to cancel:
(a) for computer software if the seal is broken (on the outer packaging and/or the media) or for computer software that has been purchased as an "Electronic Software Download" (ESD). Pursuant to Section 13.1(d) of the law.
(b) for a computer that requires the sealed operating system software supplied to be installed prior to use. Pursuant to Section 13.1(d) of the law.
(c) for a consumable item (such as paper, inkjet/toner cartridge, CDR, CDRW, DVDR, DVDRW, tape or cartridge) or book/Pantone publication if it is unsealed. Where the suitability/compatibility of a "consumable" can be easily determined without breaking any seals, and the seal is broken, this is likely to amount to a breach of your legal obligation to "take reasonable care" of the goods.
(d) for printers if the enclosed consumable is unsealed (see above).
(e) for computer hardware that requires the sealed driver software and other accompanying software to be installed before use (see above).
If the above items are faulty they will be replaced under the vendor's warranty no refunds will be offered on these items.
Within UK law once the goods are returned and checked, but within a maximum of 30 days of your cancellation notice, Twilight Zone Engineering Limited will refund your money using the original payment method you used (other than in exceptional circumstances such as the credit card is no longer valid whereby the refund will be made by cheque to your confirmed postal address).
The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 are applicable only to sales to consumers, defined as "any natural person who is acting for purposes that are outside his or her business". If you are ordering on behalf of a company enter the company name in the "Company Name" field of the billing details for your order. If you are not ordering on behalf of a company leave the "Company Name" field blank (don‚Äôt put your personal name, ‚Äún/a‚Äù or anything else in it).
In accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel your order within the first seven working days after delivery. Please see the "Your Right To Cancel" section above for more information and the strict legal rules that apply to these regulations. For the purposes of the Distance Selling Regulations a consumer is defined as "any natural person who is acting for purposes that are outside his or her business". After the initial cooling off period our standard terms and conditions apply.
Our standard returns policy as detailed below applies. In order for us to make a distinction between business and consumer transactions we regard all orders placed with a business name in the billing/invoice address at checkout to be a business transaction. This is pursuant to Section 3.1 of the Distance Selling Regulations law.
There are strict rules for when goods can be returned but they do not affect your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or any amendment thereof, Consumer Protection (Distance Selling Regulations 2000).
Distance Selling Regulations notwithstanding the following rules apply for returning goods:
THE ITEM IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL (DOA) = The product is non functional on delivery. It does not work at all.
The repair, replacement or refund of the DOA product is at the supplier or vendor's discretion dependant on the individual warranty terms of the product and the vendor. In all cases of a DOA where we are notified within three working days of the delivery of the product Twilight Zone Engineering Limited will attempt to obtain an immediate new, replacement product on your behalf as part of our normal returns process but there is no guarantee of this timeframe. If we are not notified within three working days of delivery the product will be classified as "faulty" (see below).
THE ITEM IS/BECOMES FAULTY = The product does not work correctly or stops working correctly.
* Within the warranty period of the product a replacement, repair or refund of the product is at the supplier or vendor's discretion. At this point the supplier or vendor has the right to "repair" the product or replace it with a new or possibly "refurbished" product. Twilight Zone Engineering Limited has no responsibility or liability in such cases.
* Outside of the warranty period the repair, replacement or refund of the product is at the supplier or vendor's discretion (usually in accordance with an Extended Repair Program or similar). In most cases the supplier, vendor or Twilight Zone Engineering Limited has no responsibility or liability.
SUPPLIER/VENDOR APPROVED PROBLEM/INCOMPATIBILITY = The product does not work correctly in conjunction with another product when it is supposed to or the product has a known "bug" that warrants a return.
* The return and subsequent refund of the product is at the supplier or vendor's discretion usually in accordance with the End User Licence Agreement (EULA) or similar (Trade Descriptions Act not withstanding). In most cases the vendor will offer a "fix" or "update" within a reasonable timescale (e.g. three months). In these cases Twilight Zone Engineering Limited has no responsibility or liability.
PLEASE NOTE: In all such cases a bug report ID or technical support case number along with the contact name of the support person issuing this ID/number will be required before the returns process can be started.
SUBSTITUTED GOODS = your ordered goods are no longer available and are substituted by Twilight Zone Engineering Limited or our suppliers.
* For consumers: Within seven working days after delivery you can cancel your order for this unopened/unused product for a full refund in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations. In accordance with law the cost of returning substituted goods will be paid by Twilight Zone Engineering Limited.
* For businesses: Within seven working days after delivery you can cancel your order for this unopened/unused product for a full refund. In accordance with law the cost of returning substituted goods will be paid by Twilight Zone Engineering Limited.
GOODS DO NOT "CONFORM TO CONTRACT" = The product must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).
* Twilight Zone Engineering Limited's Terms and Conditions not withstanding, E&OE and without prejudice to the Sale Of Goods Act the repair, replacement or (partial) refund of the product is at Twilight Zone Engineering Limited's discretion. As above In most cases a repair or replacement will be carried out by the supplier/vendor. If a repair is "disproportionately costly" a replacement will usually be offered as an alternative.
IN ALL CASES:
* Where a product is not faulty/DOA or that does not fall under one of the above categories and it is returned (including those that have been opened with any seal broken) a restocking and/or repackaging charge will apply. This fee may be up to 50% of the cost of the product as invoiced to you at the time of sale.
* Where a product is returned it should be returned complete, in its original packaging and without obvious marks, dirt or damage (unless this occurred during delivery to you and was confirmed on the delivery form at the time of delivery). If there are any items missing Twilight Zone Engineering Limited reserves the right to recover the costs of replacing the missing items from you.
* Unless otherwise specified (by law) the cost of returning the items whether it be for a (part) refund, repair or replacement is the customer's responsibility and not Twilight Zone Engineering Limited, our suppliers or the vendor.
* Returns will usually need to be sent directly to a supplier or vendor with a completed RMA form. Goods are NOT to be sent to Twilight Zone Engineering Limited unless specifically stated by us.
* Where replacement or repairs are necessary they will usually be carried out by the relevant supplier or vendor and NOT by Twilight Zone Engineering Limited.
* Where a refund is to be issued by Twilight Zone Engineering Limited, upon the agreement for return between you and Twilight Zone Engineering Limited, your correct completion of an RMA form and the successful return of the product satisfactory to our requirements and/or the supplier/vendor. All refunds will be issued as soon as possible but, by law, within a maximum of 30 days from Twilight Zone Engineering receiving the return request/correctly completed RMA form.
* If free delivery was given on your order and by returning one or more products and the balance of goods received is subsequently below the free delivery qualifying amount, or you are returning all goods on your order, the standard cost of delivery (currently £7.14) will be deducted from the refund amount.
* Where an extra delivery charge has been applied (for quicker delivery or delivery outside our standard delivery area) and goods are subsequently returned under the Distance Selling Regulations, the maximum amount of delivery that will be refunded is our standard delivery charge in force at the time (currently £7.14).
* In cases where a product is returned due to an incompatibility with your system or the inability of the product to meet a specific requirement that is outside the scope of the product's original intended use either of which could have been verified before the order was placed, the cost of delivery will be deducted from the refund amount. This includes cases/skins/sleeves that are ordered for a product other than that it is intended for as stated on the product's description page or products that are a specific colour and are simply 'not liked' because of the actual colour when received).
* If the guidelines within these terms and conditions for returns are not followed an administration fee may be charged. This is up to 25% of the cost of the product as invoiced to you at the time of sale.
RMA = Return Merchandise Authorisation
Advice for Sending Returns
- You must complete the online return request form BEFORE returning any product. Filling in this form ensures we are able to offer you the speediest and highest level of service (for returns) by gathering all the information that we need into our customer service system correctly. Until you received an email from us with the RMA authorisation number and instructions please do NOT return the product to our head office or to our supplier. Any unauthorised returns will not be accepted and will be returned to you at your cost.
- Once you received your RMA authorisation number and instructions email you should print the email out and include it with your return (do NOT open a sealed product to put this printout in it).
- It is usually best to pack the product being returned in another (outer) box/jiffy bag or use brown paper.
- The product must be adequately packed and your RMA authorisation number must be clearly displayed on the front of the outer box/packaging but WITHOUT marking the original packaging for the product itself.
- Products being returned under the Distance Selling Regulations must be in "as new" condition, unused and unopened, in their original packaging and without obvious marks, dirt or damage (unless this occurred during delivery to you and was confirmed on the delivery form at the time of delivery). If there are any items missing Twilight Zone Engineering Limited reserves the right to recover the costs of replacing the missing items from you.
- Products being returned because they are faulty/in warranty, where possible, should be returned in their original packaging along with any accessories/cables/paperwork/manuals that originally came with it.
- If the product is not faulty/DOA and a return has been agreed then the product and packaging must be in a re-saleable condition with all the accessories/cables/paperwork/manuals when it is received. If the product packaging is not plain packaging it should not be marked or written on unless otherwise specified by us in writing i.e. do NOT stick labels or tape to the packaging or write on the packaging with a marker pen. In these cases we suggest wrapping the product accordingly to protect the original packaging e.g. with an outer box, jiffy bag, brown paper.
- Returns will usually need to be sent directly to the supplier or vendor with a completed RMA form. Goods are NOT to be sent to Twilight Zone Engineering Limited unless specifically stated by us.
- If a collection is not possible or a pick up has not been arranged for you then returns should be sent via a service that is tracked and insured appropriate to the value of the goods being sent. We recommend using a reliable, well known courier such as UPS, TNT, CityLink, Royal Mail Recorded Delivery, Royal Mail Special Delivery. If you are going to use the Royal Mail please note:
- Please make sure you obtain proof of the return (usually official paperwork with a signature of the person/courier representative picking up the goods and/or a tracking/reference number). In addition please make sure that adequate insurance is taken out when sending the goods even when using a courier as you may be liable if the goods are lost/not returned. In most cases insurance needs to be added or specified at the time of shipping your return.
- We and our suppliers endeavour to process returns as quickly as possible but sometimes delays may occur which are out of our control. In all instances please allow up to 28 days from receiving your return for it to be processed and any repaired product/replacement to be sent or any refunds to be credited to you. In most cases it is usually processed considerably quicker than this but we are allowed, by law, this length of time to process the return if needed.
* If the goods are worth £0.01 to £39.00 you can use Royal Mail Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery
* If the goods are worth more than £39.00 you can use Royal Mail Special Delivery
* Do NOT send goods via the normal Royal Mail post or parcel service
Wrapping and packaging advice from the Royal Mail can be found on their web site at this page: Royal Mail's advice on packaging and addressing.
PCDeli uses industry standard practices and technologies including, but not limited to, Secure Socket Layers, data encryption and firewalls. However, information transferred over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely 100% secure. Therefore, we employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorised access by users inside and outside the company but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
At the time of "checkout" you should check that your web browser has established a "secure connection" to our server. This is usually in the form of a padlock symbol/icon in one of the corners of your web browser window (dependent on the web browser you are using).
Your personal information is stored within your "account". To access your user account you need your email address and password. You are highly recommended to use a strong password. It should be at least six characters in length and use both upper case and lower case letters along with numbers.
You can change your password at any time by logging into your account and visiting the "my details" page.
You must choose a password during the process of registration/checkout. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and shall only use the web site under your own user account and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If it is compromised, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your user account to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your user account or password.
If we have reason to believe that there has been or is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the service we may change your password and notify you accordingly.
If you forget your password, please use the password reminder on-line service. If you are/have been unable to successfully use this service then please contact us and if you satisfy our security checks We will issue you with a new password.
If for any reason you are issued store credit then this store credit must be used within 12 months otherwise it will become null and void.
It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Twilight Zone Engineering Limited tracks the electronic "fingerprints" of every order placed on PCDeli to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website.
Any fraudulent activity will be fully investigated in conjunction with the relevant law enforcement departments.
The PCDeli website is not intended for minors. If you are under the age of 15 you may only submit personal information to us or browse the site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. Orders will not be accepted from minors (i.e. those people under the age of 18).
Newsletters & Mailing Lists
If you want to subscribe to a newsletter we may ask you to specify the areas in which you are interested so that we can tailor the information that we send to you to include information and/or products, which we consider, you may be interested in.
You can unsubscribe from any of the newsletters at any time by logging into the web site and altering your account preferences.
Or you can email "email@example.com" with the newsletter ID reference of the newsletter you wish to be removed from. Please note that requests to unsubscribe should either come from or provide the email address used to register on the site.
Polls and Surveys
Twilight Zone Engineering Limited does not currently use polls or surveys. If we do start to do so this policy will be updated with information pertaining to them.
Twilight Zone Engineering Limited does not currently have competitions. If we do start to have competitions then this policy will be updated with information pertaining to them.
Email a friend
Any contact information entered via the 'Email a friend' or 'Email this page' facility is not used for marketing purposes.
By UK law "working day" means any day EXCEPT Saturdays, Sundays or an official UK bank holiday.
Twilight Zone Engineering
346-348 St Albans Road
Tel: 01923 801812 Fax: 01923 801813